Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

How to make a Crustless PB & J Sandwich

The last few days were terrible for me, well not because of the ongoing pandemic but because of the pain in my gums. I did visit a dentist who gave me some medicines and pain killers, but am not able to eat hard foods.

PB & J sandwich
Last night I just made a lentil soup and dipped all my rotis (puffed Indian bread, made of wheat) in it, just to soften them to a level that I can swallow them.

This morning while I was wondering what to have so as not to hurt my gums more and get another round of pain, I saw my son having bread and jam. Yummy!!! Oh I am a complete foodie but that bread, won’t it hurt my gums?



The very next moment something stuck my mind, as thoughts of my cousin came in, he lives in United States of America and I have always heard him talking about Crustless PB & J Sandwiches, that he has for breakfast and sometimes just for munching away cravings.

Boom!!! What an idea, with those crust gone away my gums would not cry anymore. Oh, I just started with my gum problem and what I should it but first let me tell you something about myself.

My name is Joy and I am from India, a 36 yrs old male and have done my MBA also. I love working remotely, explore food from different cultures, watch YT on same topics. Well, enough about me, let’s start with making a tasty, soft crust-less PB & J sandwich – My version.

You would need few simple items to make this, note them down please.pb j sandwich

1.      Bread (Should be soft, could be white bread or wheat bread),
2.      Peanut butter,
3.      Mixed fruit jam,
4.      A cutting board or a plate for assembling the sandwich,
5.      A small bowl (Could be glass or steel),
6.      A butter knife, a bread knife and
7.      A fork.



Use the butter knife to take out a glob of peanut butter and a glob of mixed fruit jam and put them in the small bowl. Using the butter knife mix them together, (I prefer it this way), many will spread the PB on one side of the bread and the Jam or Jelly on the other side of the bread.

Keep this aside, bring on the plate or the cutting board, we are almost ready to assemble the sandwich. First place two slices of bread on the cutting board or plate (whichever you have) and using the bread knife cut of the edges / crust of the bread. This is why the sandwich got its name as crustless.

Now with the help of the butter knife spread a generous amount of the PB & J mixture you had made on both the slices. Once you are done close the bread with both PB & J sides inside, now place it on the plate and firmly press all the four sides of the bread using your inner thumb so that both the sides sticks to each other and seals the bread from outside. (A TIP: use a little water on your inner side of thumb before pressing them).

We are almost done, just to give it a nice look, use the fork and press those already pressed sides to make small cuts. That’s it, we are done, our crustless PB & J sandwich is ready to be served, if you prefer just micro oven it for a minute to let those peanut butter melt slightly, this will not only make the crustless PB & J sandwich hot and gooey but it will also make the sandwich softer.


Bookmark my blog, SUBSCRIBE to read about more recipe which I would be posting everyday.

Post a Comment

0 Comments