Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

The Tale of Freaky Frog - Bedtime Stories for Kids

The meadows were all full and happy, as summer was about to leave, knocking on the gate was the rainy season. The level of the pond managed to keep the water lilies alive. Flew above the water bodies, lots of different birds, some trying to catch the flies for lunch, some ready to fly far away to the sun. Freaky and Betsy sat on a lotus leaf, taking sun bath and admiring the beautiful birds.

"The time is flying quickly?" said Freaky.
"It seems as if it is just yesterday when we were tadpoles."
"Yeah, I remember that," nodded Betsy.
"The very day we were born," croaked Freaky.

"Oh!! Yes, I too remember that day when we were born," said Betsy.
"So many of our brothers and sisters together that even the color of the pond turned black. I still remember how I was holding the water weed and trying to look for a ground. The pond was huge and gigantic, with land no were to see."

"A new world, so much to see all around," said Freaky
"It took me so much time to explore around."
"Yes, Yes, me too," said Betsy,
"and when I felt hungry while exploring and swimming, I used to have water weeds for my lunch."
"It was tough to survive, as we were small and tiny, the pond had so many big size fishes,"
"had to keep a close watch always, to be safe."
"Yes, we were lucky enough to survive," said Freaky.

"Challenging but still, it was fun to grow so quickly," said Betsy.
"Bigger, bigger and bigger."
"But the most interesting part was when we had our legs come out and grow, " Freaky said while interrupting Betsy.
Freaky again continued....

"First our back legs came out and then the front legs."
"More amazing was when my tongue became longer and jaws stronger," said Freaky.
"Yes, you are right, I remember those amazing moments," replied Betsy.


"However, I was very sad when I lost my tail," said Freaky.
"You did not required that anymore, you became a frog from a tadpole," laughed Betsy.
"Do you remember the first time we went out of this pond, into dry land?" Asked Betsy.
"I certainly do," said Freaky.

"I remember the shade I found under the stone, what a place for my new house," said Betsy praising herself.
Oh!!! Betsy is praising herself, I will show her, thought Freaky frog.

"That is nothing, while on land I had to escape from many threats, first I managed to escape a big black mole, then a long fat viper, then the other day I had saved myself from the long beaks of the crane, just in time." Said Freaky.

"Phew..........," said Betsy,
"That's nothing at all. I had to escape three times to save my life, on the same day."
"First, the eagle came to catch me, to save myself I jumped inside the pond, where I was attacked by the big fish, I jumped back up and to my fear was waiting a big fat brown rat."

Changing the topic Freaky quickly said "I have found a good little hole for my home, it will protect me from wind, rain and snow."
Betsy was shocked to hear this and gave a look to Freaky, because Betsy had not found any good place for shelter which can protect her during bizarre times.

In a very low and timid voice, Betsy asked "Can I stay in your home, with you?"
"Yes, why not," Freaky quickly replied. Feeling proud of his new home.
"Why don't you come now, and have a look." said Freaky.


Betsy was so happy to hear that, and when the winter season came, snow started falling, everything was cold outside, covered in white. Both the frogs Freaky and Betsy, went inside Freaky's new home and holding each other stayed safe for ever and ever.

For more such bedtime stories for kids, SUBSCRIBE to my blog.

Post a Comment

0 Comments